We welcome your creativity with an open heart! However, after talking with many of the recipients from last year's project, we learned a few things:
1. Dark, solid colors were preferred over lights, brights or stripes.
2. The simpler the pattern, the better.
3. Hats with embellishments like pompoms were not snatched up as enthusiastically.
Here are a few of the (free) patterns that our knitters enjoyed working last year and would recommend again:
• Knitted Minnesota Winter Hat
• Marsan Watchcap
• Countrywool Rolled Brim Hat
• A Very Plain Hat