GIVE THE GIFT OF WARMTH
KNIT A HAT FOR A HOMELESS PERSON
KIDS, WOMEN, MEN
A big warm thank you to knitters and stitchers all across the country who have been sending warm and wooly hats and scarves out our way. Once cold weather sets in, everyone living in Minnesota needs a hat. As folks inquire about where these items come from, they are really touched when told that the hats and scarves were made just for them. It is very heart-warming to watch the folks look over the items and choose one they really like.
CLICK ON KNITTING PATTERNS TAB FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITES!
A FEW REMINDERS:
- we need adult large and extra large hats
- preferable washable wool or nice soft acrylic/wool blends
- men prefer dark solid colors...long enough to cover their ears and fold up the cuff
- women and kids like more colorful hats
- when in doubt, knit the hat an inch or two longer to give ears extra protection
- if you are a loose knitter, drop down a needle size to knit a tight stitch
UPCOMING EVENTS TO CONNECT WITH KNITTERS:
- 3rd Saturday of every month, we meet at Butter Bakery on the corner of 37th and Nicollet in South Minneapolis from 11:00 to 1:00. Good food and reasonable prices.
- October 26th---an all day “Knit for Charity” event at Steven Be’s on the corner of 35th and Chicago in South Minneapolis starting at 11:00 and ending at 6:00. Bring a snack to share and your knitting supplies. Beverages provided.
- November 9th, 10th, and 11th---Vogue Knitting Live will be here at the Minneapolis Convention Center. Look for our table and drop off any hats you have to donate.